Big yay! It’s taken me awhile to get back into the cooking and food groove type of space. Between the move and then snipping my finger, the cooking has definitely been on the back burner. But, now it’s back! We’ve got a good menu planned for the coming week, with a nice spread for tomorrow’s Football Sunday. I did just make my second (and last) batch of pesto for the season. I’ve got three nice-sized containers in the freezer now. Which, I do consider good, as I only had one basil plant in a pot, and I only got that mid-summer after the move. So, at the very least, we’re getting there… And without further ado, here’s the menu for the week:
- Hummus, with assorted veggies and breads.
- Gyro Pizza – This will be leftover gyro fillings on a pizza crust… Gyro meat, tzatziki sauce, onions, feta, and perhaps some sun-dried tomatoes.
- Inside-Out Lasagna – This will be only my second time making this dish, but it’s a pretty quick and easy one for during the week. And yummy too!
- Chicken Satay Skewers, with Acorn Squash and Parmesan Rice.
- Honey Chipotle Drumsticks.
- Reuben Sandwiches.