Finally… We’ve been talking about taking a day over the weekend to just make a bunch of food for the upcoming week. Tomorrow, we’ve actually got the day planned out for that. 🙂 I’ve been slacking on menus, and even when I had one, it seems like other things took over or we just ended up with sandwiches for dinner. Not bad, mind you, but it does get a wee bit old… So, tomorrow is dedicated to cooking and such. Here’s what’s on the menu:
- Chicken Salad – Made with leftover rotisserie chicken from a few days ago. We’re gonna try it with greek yogurt instead of mayo (my choice… not a mayo fan).
- Fruit Salad – Went to the excellent market stand today for lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Bags full of goodies and the prices are so much better than the grocery store!
- Pasta Salad – We made some last weekend for Easter dinner. So tasty that we decided to make another batch all for ourselves. 🙂
- Sourdough Bread – We also made a couple of loaves for Easter dinner. Again, we decided that we’d like to have some on hand going into the week.
- Ground Turkey, Cabbage and Stewed Tomatoes – A good dish to have for lunches during the week and it’s nice and healthy and easy.
- Steak, Corn and Potatoes – That’s for dinner tomorrow night. On the grill – yay. Leftover steak will be used for steak burritos in another night or two.
- Mr. BFF is going to try some Stuffed Poblano Peppers of sorts.
- Mole Sauce – I found a recipe for chicken with a mole sauce that is simpler than the traditional zillion ingredient one. I’m making no guarantees on this, but since we’ve got some other Mexican flair dishes, I’ll give this one a try and see how it turns out. I’ve never tried making one before, but I am trying to find homemade versions of some things typically from a jar… Moving away from processed foods and making it ourselves type-of-thing…
- Brown Rice – Yeah, it’s easy, and I’ll make some as prep work for the burritos later in the week. I think Mr. BFF might use some rice in his Stuffed Peppers, too.
Also on the agenda will be the typical Sunday laundry and finishing cleaning our room. I got the rest of the house cleaned today (read, filthy to me) and had the windows open all about. Mr. BFF’s dad will be stopping over to pick up the old lawnmower he gave us when we moved here last summer… It’s now dead, which was not a surprise but we were grateful for it at the time when we needed it. Not sure who he’s pawning it off to, probably for parts?, but it will be good to be rid of it.
All in all, a busy but fun and casual day ahead. I’ll probably like to hop on the treadmill at some point, too. But, we’ve got everything we need already in the house, so there’s nowhere else we need to be but home… Very good.