This is a tried and true stuffed mushroom recipe, made all the better with a pat of goat cheese on top!
- 1-lb button mushrooms, stems removed and set aside
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan (asiago works well, too)
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 6 strips bacon
- olive oil
- 6 oz. goat cheese
1. Cook bacon and set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In food processor, pulse chop garlic and mushroom stems. Add breadcrumbs, cheese and bacon and pulse chop again.
3. In saute pan, add chopped mixture with 2-3 Tbsp olive oil and cook about 5 minutes.
4. Spoon filling into mushroom caps. Top with dab of goat cheese. Bake in oven for about 8 minutes. Press the softened goat cheese with back of spoon. Put in oven for about 4 more minutes. Enjoy!