I saw this recipe for pasta with artichoke hearts quite some time ago, so it’s been in my ‘to try’ pile for awhile now. And darn it, I should have started making this much sooner! Both Mr. BFF and I were amazed at how good it was! Something about the lemony flavor of the artichokes mixing perfectly with the Parmesan cream sauce. The picture doesn’t do this dish justice, as it’s nicely creamy and light. We put green onions on top for some color, but next time I’ll just go without them, since they don’t really add anything, in our opinions. My recipe below was adapted from this one from Food and Wine. It’s a simple recipe, quick to make, and absolutely delicious. I was considering making it again this week, but then I figured I’ll give it at least a week’s rest in-between. 🙂
- 16-oz whole-wheat rotini pasta
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 8-oz mushrooms, sliced (next time we’ll use a full 16-oz package)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 12-oz jars artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed well and quartered
- 8-oz Parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Heat pot of boiling water for pasta. Prepare as directed.
2. While pasta is cooking, saute mushrooms in 2 Tbsp of butter. Set aside.
3. In medium saucepan, melt remaining 2 Tbsp butter over moderately low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the cream, salt and artichoke hearts. Cook until warmed, about 5 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes, until warmed through and slightly thickened. Add mushrooms and stir. Toss pasta with sauce and enjoy!