Particularly since winter is upon us (my, how the weather has changed since my last post), we’ve been spending our weekends cooking. It is definitely the way to go for us, as everything is made for the upcoming work week. And since it’s wintertime, we’re inside anyways. So, we’ll hit the grocery store tomorrow after work. There’s less people then and it’s easier to zip around. Plus, it saves us time on Saturday because all our ingredients are already in the house.
We’ve also been making ‘extra’ meals for Mr. BFF’s family. His Granny had a fall and subsequent surgery last month. She is recuperating very well, but since the food there is “not so good”, we bring her nibbles now and then. Mr. BFF’s parents are visiting her every day, along with other things, so they appreciate the extra meals also. We’ll have them over for a sit-down dinner on Saturday, so they can actually sit-down for a bit. And we’ll bring some Chicken Enchiladas to Granny on Sunday, as she requested them. 🙂 Yes, they are cheesy…
- Chicken Enchiladas (to eat and distribute among family members)
- Tomato Basil Soup with Cheese Toasts (for dinner with the in-laws)
- Salad for Week – Romaine, Roma Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Bell Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, Green Onion, Red Onion, Cheddar Cubes
- Croutons – I probably need to make some more croutons for our salads
- Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
- Pudding – Flavor to be determined
- Tropical Bread – Mr. BFF is going to try this with our ‘new’ basic loaf recipe, by adding Pineapple, Coconut and Macadamia Nuts. On my birthday weekend, he made Blueberry Lemon Bread with this recipe, on my request. Last weekend, he made it as an Orange Cherry Bread. Surprisingly, at least to me, the Orange Cherry Bread was my favorite. Never would have guessed that one…
- Then, there’s always sandwiches and/or eggs/breakfast for dinner too if we get bored with the above 🙂
Time to go put our list for tomorrow together!